Monday, July 30, 2012

Today I'd like to discuss another marketing method suggested by Forrest S. Mosten in his book Mediation Career Guide

Mr. Mosten suggests Press Releases and News Stories as another method of marketing.  I have tried press releases and did one to market what I thought was a unique offer, gift certificates for the holidays.  I called it Give the Gift of Peace.  While I did manage to increase traffic to my website I did not realize any clients from this effort.

Mr. Mosten suggests that "Newspapers are always looking for local stories.." however, being located in a large urban area I'm not so sure that is the case.  Certainly there are small, neighborhood type publications which may meet this need but what I have found is that most of these publications will do a story if it is associated with an advertisement.  I have only tried one print advertisement in one targeted publication and that generated zero traffic.

I would be interested to hear your experience with these methods, especially if they have been more successful than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment